Making Your Day More Effective With PatienceOctober 26, 2015
Are You Humble And Gracious With Apologies?October 28, 2015
For most people, our day depends on our devices – personally and professionally. Being considerate and smart about our “device practices” are critical and impactful. Here are five ways to manage your device time wisely:
- Take your device away – from yourself. When you’re dining, in a meeting, conversing, at a presentation or service – give your full personal attention.
- Use your words – politely and wisely. Be sensitive to additional implications and your tone. Remember your written messages can be misunderstood because you’re not there in an interpersonal conversation.
- Prioritize your time with your device. You don’t need to be attached to and capturing every moment of your day on your device. Take a break and just enjoy the little moments – to yourself.
- No texting or posting while driving – ever. It only takes a moment for an accident to happen. I can’t stress enough the #ItCanWait campaign.
- Your privacy matters. Turn off your location settings and make sure your privacy settings are always on. Don’t sacrifice your personal safety.
So be wise with your device – it matters in large and small ways.