Are You A Conversation Interrupter?January 31, 2023
Kindness When Flying In The Friendly SkiesMarch 9, 2023
Giving and receiving flowers exemplify feelings of love, friendship, sympathy, sorrow, cheer, appreciation, pride, happiness, congratulations or “just because”. Giving yourself flowers can be a day brightener along with a secret smile.
DYK: Floriography is the language of flowers. Floriography dates back to Victorian times and was used as a communication code of feelings, and has evolved into modern day expressions of certain feelings. Here are a few fun facts and highlights about flower color symbolization:
- White flowers: fidelity, purity, thoughtfulness, elegance, sympathy. It’s common for white flowers as the choice of bridal bouquets and wedding centerpieces, however they can be used for any occasion.
- Green flowers: new life, renewal, wellness, harmony. Note that the first signs of spring in general are greens popping up all around us.
- Pink flowers: love, friendship, innocence, possibilities, grace, happiness. Pink flowers are often thought of as delicate and gentle.
- Yellow flowers: friendship. respect, joy, good health. Yellow can communicate sympathy, support through difficult times as well as appreciation.
- Orange flowers: cheer, joy, energy, warmth, adventure. Orange is often used for a feel good moment or feel better message.
- Red flowers: romance, love, strength, courage. Red can convey likeness to your heart.
- Blue flowers: trust, commitment, peace, calmness, support. Giving blue flowers as a show of sympathy is common.
- Purple flowers: creativity, transition, pride, elegance. Oftentimes purple bouquets can symbolize an important message or support for a major transition in someone’s life.
And what about flower color combinations? Or specific flowers for particular occasions? You can always talk to your florist about a special message you want to express, and get their insight and guidance. If you’re at a flower market and your heart strings are tugged or you’re naturally drawn to a certain arrangement, by all means follow your heart!