It’s Cool To Be Smart And Safe OnlineJanuary 25, 2016
Communicate Positively Without Saying A WordAugust 31, 2016
Treating others as you wish to be treated is as vital in the workplace as it is on the playground. We teach our children to be kind, humble and polite to others. We tell them to think before speaking. We talk with them about the importance of honesty and trust. We ask them to think about how certain actions can hurt other people’s feelings. We instill in them the values of sympathy and empathy.
If we show human kindness and consideration to our family members, it should be second nature at the office. For instance:
- Include and invite others into your conversations.
- Don’t leave others out of a pertinent communication flow.
- Use kind words.
- Be sensitive in the tone of your message delivery.
- Be a good listener.
- Wait until the other person is finished speaking before you thoughtfully reply.
- Welcome other people’s ideas.
- Embrace everyone’s uniqueness and contributions.
- Be sensitive of how your actions can affect those around you.
- Consider the feelings of others when making certain and impactful decisions.
“Transparency, honesty, kindness, good stewardship, even humor, work in businesses at all times.” -John Gerzema